Sunday 6 November 2016

Hacksaw Ridge - David Stratton sends in a note about the Venice ovation

In an earlier post which you can click on here mention was made of the alleged 10 minute standing ovation for the film at its world premiere in Venice.


David Stratton writes: You cast a shadow of doubt on the ’10 minute ovation’ reports from Venice.  I was at the press screening, not the public screening attended by Mel and members of his cast, but it doesn’t surprise me that there was an ovation, if not actually 10 minutes, then at least pretty substantial.  The film was warmly received by the international press and at a festival where screenings of even mediocre films with cast and crew present get some kind of ovation, I can believe the reports (which I heard myself the following day).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.